Round 8 Core Auto Cable 1mm 16.5 amp
Round 8 Core auto cable. Thin wall low voltage cables suitable for use in the automotive, marine and allied industries.
These cables are specified as standard by manufacturers throughout Europe due to their high performance characteristics.
- Plain Copper Conductors to BS EN 60228:2005 – PVC Insulated
- Single core suitable for use at temperatures from -40°C to 105°C with excursions up to 120°C
- Twins and multicores PVC sheathed at 70°C
- Suitable for 12v and 24v systems (Maximum voltage 60v)
- Reduced insulation gives considerable savings in weight and volume especially when used in large wiring harnesses
- Good resistance to petrol, diesel, lubricating oils and diluted acids
- PVC insulation offers good resistance to abrasion and cut through
- Cores manufactured to ISO 6722-1:2011 (Class B) 105°C
** Cut lengths of cable come coiled and not on reels**
***Cable size is in mm² and describes the total cross sectional area of the copper conductor. You will often see cable described as 1mm or 2mm cable without the ² sign. It is very important to note that this does not refer to the diameter of the cable, This is a completely different measurement.
In order to avoid confusion just remember that the main specification for a cable will be its conductor’s cross-sectional area and cable will never be referred to by its diameter alone. All of our adverts detail the cable size in mm² and the corresponding outer diameters, However; If in doubt just drop us a message***